Sunday, November 28, 2010

Grey cup Sunday

Ok...I'm not sure when this will get posted but anyway...last few days have seen alot of sights and alot of kms. I think I left off in a Starbucks in Halifax....
So I left there on my way to Cape Bretton and the Cabot trail. Bit of a rainy gloomy day...took the coastal route to the island...nice drive...NS reminds me of alot of places...in some spots Vancouver island...some Manitoba...it's a neat place! Once I hit the island I pulled over, cracked open a can of chicken....mmmm can of chicken....had a pee and continued down the road the remaining 200km to Sydney. Pull into town....quick cruise to see if there was anything going on.....ya...not much! Luckily enough I found a big mall with a future shop...so I got me another SD card....I've taken over 1100 pics so far...I've got some editing to do lol! And I want to make a slide show with some music....a MacBook pro would sure make that easy.....lol! Anyways....got some DVD's on sale and mall rat'ed it up for a bit...then hit up a BP's I saw on the was in. Had dinner, back into town found a place to crash...watched the end of Red October for the billionth time and crashed.
Woke up in the sun, grabbed a coffee, fueled up and of to the trail. 
The first part of the trail gave the Delica suspension quite the work out...busted up shitty uneven roads...but this was for the most part short lived....they did improve nicely. So I came up to this ferry....should have been paying attn I guess! 5$....shit no cash...start ashtray mining and came up with the coin....this ferry was from start to finish.....half the distance or less of the Albion ferry....lots of stuff to see down the road...little towns, boats, piles of lobster traps and lots of old houses. Very cool...then I was coming around this corner and saw a beach with a waterfall...bust a righty.....park...time to go explore.
All this will make more sense once you see the pics...this beach had no sand...it was all rocks...and the sound was amazing! It was so different than a sand beach...think of throwing a big round river rock and it landing on a bunch of other round river rocks...that sound only with every wave, a deeper tone and thousands of them! Made my way to the waterfall and started up to it....fin little climb....had to actually think my way up there...climbing is fun! So I made it to the top.....oh....I took some pics before I went up....I did not have the tripod...but with a careful balancing act of a rock outcrop, another smaller rock to level the camera and the camera itself...you can make shot work lol!
So...at the top...wanted to make my way to the other side Cus I saw a outcrop at the top of the falls I wanted to sit on...after much surveying of the rocks across the stream...I made my way up to the bridge and went across...not as much fun but gets the job done. Traverse my way to where I wanted to be...relaxed for abit, took some pics and started my way back....keeping in mind how not fun it was to use the bridge...I found a way across....looked at it...was gonna be a bit of a sketchy landing...plan B...looked better...bit longer of a jump but more landing options! 1...2...3...well not exactly like that! But I made the jump...but misjudged how far I can actually jump and came up short...a little wet no biggie! More fun than the bridge!
Next stop was Meat Cove....lol! S few pic stops along the way...made it there....not much there...some houses a B&B...but spectacular scenery. Made my way back to the trail and lots of driving and sights. Got some fuel in a little town on the west shore...did some time crunching and figured I could be in Halifax that night easily....I could go see the Mellotones again! Boom done. Took the coastal route to the south end of the island and then burned to Halifax from there. Some snow on the way but nothing major.
Go to my parking spot in Halifax from thursday night...and make my way down to where they played before...the guy I asked where they were playing made it sound like it was forever away.....an aside.......I have come across this a few times on this trip....in Boston I was asking directions to get to the Gardens....I asked a bus driver and he's like 'oh, you gatta take the T man ( subway)' so I asked how far it was to walk...1/2 hour...45 min maybe...I'm like shit that's nothing. Are people afraid of walking or are they just lazy? Man.....So, back to the story...it's now getting late...prob 1030 ish...I'm thinking the band is going on @ 1100...get back to the van and find the address of the place...punch it into the gps and it's like a 4 min drive...jesus...so off I go, find it promptly...but all the parking is on a hill...not good. So I go back to my original spot and haul ass back over there on foot...cut across the Citadel park and over to the place.
Go inside......dead....like dead dead. Are they playing??...they are just not till 1200....sigh...I'll have a Keiths please! Opening band came on...not bad, one of the singer gals had a set of pipes on her...dam! She did a Janis Joplin song and shredded it. Finally the Melotones came on....at the last show I had met the bass players gf in the crowd...and I saw her again at this show...so we had a bs and a dance or two...then went out for a smoke and I engaged wallflower mode. Then...the drunkest gal in the bar comes over and grabs me and asks me why I'm not dancing.....eyes half shut and kinda glassy....that kinda drunk lol! We danced for a bit....well...she moved in random directions at random times and it was my job to keep her upright! Lol smashed! So she keeps talking of this guy she has a crush on who was there who she knows from dodgeball....ya...lol! So I'm like go dance with him...so she asked him and he said no....so she comes back to me and I'm like...I need a beer...so we head to the bar, I get a beer and she want a water... There was a jug of water and cups so I filled up a cup...it was not all the way full...I gave it to her...and she wanted more...there is not more! Then she started whineing...and I all of a sudden had to pee...weird! I do not see her the rest of the night! 
Met up with the bass players gf again and she was busting a gut laughing at me and the smashed gal! We danced and sang until the ugly lights came on...stood around and bs'd for a bit and then I departed.
Made my way for late night pizza....all the bars had just closed and the pizza joint was packed! There are 3 pizza joints and one street meat hotdog stand in this one little corner area lol! Just packed...lined up outside! Got my za and got back to the ban where I sat and watched family guy, waited for the van to warm up and laughed my balls off! Then off to bed I go.
Wake up today, cold outside, warm in my sleeping bag lol! Sun is out in full force...bout 4 hours to Charlottetown today...should be a nice drive! Gonna find a place to watch the game and then tomorrow drive around the island and then start making my way to Quebec.....that should be fun....winter mode engage!
So....that's it for now...I'd like to write some more and I prob will later today...bit I don't want to waste too much daylight!
So cheers for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment