Sunday, November 21, 2010

Sunday night in Boston

Hey there.
Well lets see....yesterday....i awoke from a comfy bed...showered and well rested. Scott was at work for the day so got a chance to hag out with Jason and bs for a bit. We had breaky...was nice. He had to do some research and i had to update my pics.....so we sat at either ends of the table, not talking and doing our thing lol! Then i suited up and went for a bit of a run...did 6.5k....avg pace of 5/km....lots of stops tho....I'm back to square one with running now and that's a bummer. The cold is not helping but my endurance is low....but i am very motivated to get it back and get back in the gym. So got back from my lass than impressive run, had a shower.....i seem to be mentioning showering alot.....lol! Ive had 3 showers in less than 2 days! so nice! lol......anyways....got my laundry done, had a bite to eat and a beer with Jason...and began my walk to the Gardens. Its confusing here....all the streets go every direction not n s e w.....they go on angles. Jason gave me some directions....but i quickly got messed up! I had a general direction to go...and so i went that way! I ended up seeing a good portion of Boston at night...very nice city...a little chilly....but tis the season. After asking a few questions....i made it the the Gardens.....bout 1.5hrs later....i left knowing i had a ways to go. Find a scalper and got a decent ticket....got him down on the price and away we...or I go.....found my seat and watched a great game at an old history filled rink. There is not much of the rink left showing its age...it all looks very new and re-built.....i was kinda sad to see that. I was hoping for some history....the banners for the Bruins and Celtics were neat tho. Before the game they had a nice moment of silence for Pat Burns who had passed the night before due to a long battle with cancer. As i said....great game....great atmosphere....Boston came back from a 3-0 deficit to tie and fore ot then a shoot out in witch they lost...but still a great time.
There was a ton of Quebecois there...and a pile of ppl from the maritime's there.....after the game they were all out infont of the arena taking pics infornt of the Bobby Orr statue......also puking everywhere.....so smashed....and they all sounded like Newfies! lol! Go Canada!
Left there, found a brewpub.....had a good burger and some tasty beer.............An aside.....Amercian beer. The attitude towards it is that its all shit. In my travels i have learned that this is not true. Americans have the big breweries as we do back home that pump out the same shit boring beers....your Bud lite, Miller Lite, Molson Canadian, Labbats Blue....and so on. Both countries have their shit beers. But both countries have very very good micro breweries.....and that's what you have to find. I have found some great brew houses down here....with some very good beers. In the states this is where you have to go for the most part to get good beer. At home, we can go to the store and get a variety of great beers.....you can here but your choices are more limited. But Yankees can and do make good beer.
Ok....after i left the brew pub started making my way home...hoped on the T (subway) and got off near where i wanted to....Jason gave me directions on where to get off...but they had recently changed the name...so i missed it lol! Got off at the next stop, figured out where i was....i got to the surface and recognized some things....i had ran buy there earlier in the day...super....so i made my way back home.
Woke up this morn...had a great cup of coffee, Scott made a great breaky and we all watched the SNL from the previous night. Then we all headed for the city for a walkabout. Saw some cool old spots, grabbed a 2 for 1 Starbucks....and just rambled around....Scott was getting cold lol! Beautiful city....very old, full of history and culture. We went to an old Italian pastry bakery....its been there for ever...got canolies then made our to to the T and back here.
Now Scott...the master Chef...has dinner in the POT (his fancy new dutch oven).....Jason and i have been busting his balls all day over it...lol and the Dutch oven jokes are abound!
Been a great day......feeling better....re-charging and starting to get a leg up on this effin cold. Think I'm going to stay till Tue morning and then making my way up towards the maritime's to say hi to my to some ppl up that way....Also doing some....and Chance I'm going today and get this right.....wander...did i get it right?!
Ive been getting flack from ppl regarding my spelling!! lol!
So tomorrow I'm going to try and do a 10k....wander around the city, relax abit more, hang out with the boys...enjoy one more night in a comfy bed and then hit the road Tue morning........i need to change the oil on the deli as well....ill find a spot outside of Boston for that...
Ok dinner time....so have a good night everyone....I also updated my pics on fb.
Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment